- XPO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.0 million.
- XPO has traded 915,231 shares today.
- XPO traded in a range 208.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.80.
- XPO traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 17 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 17 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XPO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XPO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XPO: XPO Logistics, Inc. provides transportation and logistics services primarily in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Transportation and Logistics. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate XPO Logistics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for XPO Logistics has been 894,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. XPO Logistics has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 18.9% with 14.01 days to cover. Shares are up 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates XPO Logistics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- XPO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 148.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.86, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, XPO LOGISTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for XPO LOGISTICS INC is rather low; currently it is at 17.88%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.09% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full XPO Logistics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.