- AGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- AGEN has traded 511,376 shares today.
- AGEN is down 3.8% today.
- AGEN was up 7.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGEN: Agenus Inc., an immunotherapy company, engages in discovering and developing innovative treatments for patients with cancer and other diseases. Its treatments focus on providing therapeutic benefit through modulation of immune function. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Agenus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Agenus has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Agenus has a market cap of $544.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.16 and a short float of 11% with 3.65 days to cover. Shares are up 106% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Agenus as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2842.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.64 million to -$18.74 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, AGENUS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AGENUS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGENUS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.67 versus -$1.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 20.9% in earnings (-$0.81 versus -$0.67).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 132.54% to $3.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, AGENUS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 153.45%.
- AGEN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.90, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Agenus Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.