NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nvidia (NVDA) shares are up 1% to $22.35 in early market trading on Monday after the PC graphics card manufacturer said that it expects to see annual cloud computing revenue of $1 billion in two to three years, according to Reuters.
Cloud computing is the company's fastest growing segment with revenue from the sector expected to increase between 60% and 70% annually, Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang told reporters ahead of the company's presentation at Computex, Asia's largest tech trade show.
The company's cloud computing graphics technology allows users to play graphics heavy games over the Internet.
Computex runs for five days this week in Taipei, Taiwan and features over 1,000 exhibitors at over 5,000 booths and features presenters such as Intel (INTC), Broadcom (BRCM), Nvidia and Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM).
TheStreet Ratings team rates NVIDIA CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NVIDIA CORP (NVDA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- NVDA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.94, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.89% to $246.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.26%.
- The gross profit margin for NVIDIA CORP is rather high; currently it is at 61.42%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.64% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NVDA Ratings Report