- SPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.1 million.
- SPR has traded 40,929 shares today.
- SPR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPR: Spirit AeroSystems Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a non-original equipment manufacturer (OEM) that designs, engineers, and manufactures large commercial aircraft structures worldwide. SPR has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Spirit AeroSystems Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Spirit AeroSystems Holdings has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Spirit AeroSystems has a market cap of $7.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 1.53 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.54 days to cover. Shares are up 26.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Spirit AeroSystems Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 68.44% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SPR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS HOLDINGS has improved earnings per share by 21.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS HOLDINGS turned its bottom line around by earning $2.51 versus -$4.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.85 versus $2.51).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 18.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $153.60 million to $181.90 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.