- BAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.9 million.
- BAM has traded 428,223 shares today.
- BAM traded in a range 206.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.07.
- BAM traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 6 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 6 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAM NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BAM's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT has improved earnings per share by 36.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT increased its bottom line by earning $3.11 versus $2.09 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 63.4% in earnings ($1.14 versus $3.11).
- You can view the full Brookfield Asset Management Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.