- SWFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.4 million.
- SWFT has traded 611,294 shares today.
- SWFT is trading at 5.27 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SWFT is trading at a new low 6.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWFT NOW at Trade-Ideas
- SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.13 versus $1.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.70 versus $1.13).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income increased by 207.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.31 million to $37.84 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 68.28% to $128.16 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 23.43%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Swift Transportation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.