- SRNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.9 million.
- SRNE has traded 135,182 shares today.
- SRNE is trading at 4.23 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SRNE is trading at a new high 4.28% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SRNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SRNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SRNE:
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, acquisition, development, and commercialization of proprietary drug therapeutics for addressing unmet medical needs in the United States, Europe, and internationally. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sorrento Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Sorrento Therapeutics has been 400,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sorrento has a market cap of $472.9 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.35 and a short float of 1.6% with 0.67 days to cover. Shares are up 37% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sorrento Therapeutics as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$7.66 million or 6.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SORRENTO THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 24.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$11.30 million to -$8.51 million.
- SORRENTO THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SORRENTO THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$1.32 versus -$1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.97 versus -$1.32).
- This stock has increased by 152.09% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in SRNE do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Sorrento Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.