- ALJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- ALJ has traded 135,628 shares today.
- ALJ is trading at 3.43 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ALJ is trading at a new high 4.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALJ NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- ALON USA ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ALON USA ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.55 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus $0.55).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 38.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 33.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ALON USA ENERGY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.10%. Regardless of ALJ's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.44% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$19.22 million or 130.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Alon USA Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.