- ALGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.5 million.
- ALGN has traded 757,555 shares today.
- ALGN traded in a range 206% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.94.
- ALGN traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 132 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 132 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALGN NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 11.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $32.44 million to $36.18 million.
- ALGN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ALGN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.91, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The gross profit margin for ALIGN TECHNOLOGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.45%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.26% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Align Technology Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.