- SIAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $144.7 million.
- SIAL has traded 392,586 shares today.
- SIAL traded in a range 204% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.33.
- SIAL traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 20 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 20 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIAL: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. SIAL has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are no analysts that rate Sigma-Aldrich a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sigma-Aldrich has been 799,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sigma-Aldrich has a market cap of $16.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.25 and a short float of 0.9% with 0.93 days to cover. Shares are up 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sigma-Aldrich as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SIAL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.09 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.82, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.69%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.63% is above that of the industry average.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.17 versus $4.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.50 versus $4.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Chemicals industry average. The net income has remained constant at $126.00 million when compared to the same quarter one year ago.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SIAL's share price has jumped by 44.26%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.