- STRP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.1 million.
- STRP has traded 57,146 shares today.
- STRP is trading at 3.71 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- STRP is trading at a new high 6.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STRP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STRP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STRP: Straight Path Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, holds, leases, and markets fixed wireless spectrum licenses in the United States. Its licenses include approximately 828 licenses of 39 gigahertz, as well as 133 licenses in the local multipoint distribution service band. STRP has a PE ratio of 73. The average volume for Straight Path Communications has been 95,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Straight Path has a market cap of $278.1 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 39.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Straight Path Communications as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its premium valuation and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$0.65 million or 5.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- This stock has increased by 155.76% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- STRAIGHT PATH COMMUNICATIONS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STRAIGHT PATH COMMUNICATIONS turned its bottom line around by earning $0.15 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 60.0% in earnings ($0.06 versus $0.15).
- The gross profit margin for STRAIGHT PATH COMMUNICATIONS is rather high; currently it is at 51.89%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -9.96% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Straight Path Communications Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.