- SFUN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.5 million.
- SFUN has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- SFUN is trading at 2.63 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SFUN is trading at a new low 6.16% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFUN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFUN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SFUN: SouFun Holdings Limited operates a real estate Internet portal, and home furnishing and improvement Websites in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.6%. SFUN has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate SouFun Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for SouFun Holdings has been 10.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SouFun has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 7.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SouFun Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SOUFUN HLDGS LTD is rather high; currently it is at 67.15%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SFUN's net profit margin of 4.94% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SOUFUN HLDGS LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.05 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, SFUN has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.05, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 33.55%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 89.58% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp decline over the past year may have been what was needed in order to bring its value into alignment with its fundamentals and others in its industry.
- You can view the full SouFun Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.