- RDC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.7 million.
- RDC has traded 245,391 shares today.
- RDC is trading at 2.83 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RDC is trading at a new low 3.04% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RDC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RDC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RDC: Rowan Companies plc provides offshore oil and gas contract drilling services. It operates a fleet of 30 self-elevating mobile offshore jack-up drilling units, as well as 3 ultra-deepwater drill ships. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Rowan Companies a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Rowan Companies has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rowan Companies has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.38 and a short float of 8.1% with 2.89 days to cover. Shares are down 4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rowan Companies as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, RDC has a quick ratio of 1.76, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- ROWAN COMPANIES PLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROWAN COMPANIES PLC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.96 versus $2.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.73 versus -$0.96).
- RDC has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 23.03% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, ROWAN COMPANIES PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Rowan Companies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.