- ASML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.4 million.
- ASML has traded 43,692 shares today.
- ASML is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASML NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ASML: ASML Holding N.V. engages in the development, production, marketing, sale, and servicing of advanced semiconductor equipment systems with a focus on lithography related systems worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate ASML a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for ASML has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ASML has a market cap of $48.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ASML as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ASML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.41, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 48.05% is the gross profit margin for ASML HOLDING NV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.39% is above that of the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ASML HOLDING NV has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ASML's share price has jumped by 34.38%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- ASML HOLDING NV has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASML HOLDING NV increased its bottom line by earning $3.27 versus $3.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.77 versus $3.27).
- You can view the full ASML Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.