- CRUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.7 million.
- CRUS has traded 599,449 shares today.
- CRUS is up 3% today.
- CRUS was down 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRUS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRUS: Cirrus Logic, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, develops analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) for a range of consumer and industrial markets. CRUS has a PE ratio of 14. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cirrus Logic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cirrus Logic has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cirrus Logic has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of -0.08 and a short float of 4.4% with 2.60 days to cover. Shares are up 52.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cirrus Logic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CRUS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CRUS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CRUS has a quick ratio of 1.77, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 69.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.60 million to $21.35 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 60.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 69.66% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- CIRRUS LOGIC INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CIRRUS LOGIC INC reported lower earnings of $0.84 versus $1.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.38 versus $0.84).
- You can view the full Cirrus Logic Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.