- TDW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.7 million.
- TDW has traded 599,416 shares today.
- TDW is trading at 2.26 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TDW is trading at a new low 5.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TDW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TDW NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1377.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.58 million to -$160.69 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, TIDEWATER INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 45.74%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 1424.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- TIDEWATER INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TIDEWATER INC reported lower earnings of $2.83 versus $3.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.64 versus $2.83).
- 41.70% is the gross profit margin for TIDEWATER INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TDW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TDW's net profit margin of -41.46% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Tidewater Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.