- TIF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.2 million.
- TIF has traded 2.3 million shares today.
- TIF is trading at 28.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TIF is trading at a new high 12.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TIF: Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and retails jewelry worldwide. Its jewelry products include fine and solitaire jewelry; engagement rings and wedding bands to brides and grooms; and non-gemstone, sterling silver, gold, and metal jewelry. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. TIF has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tiffany has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tiffany has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 2.11 and a short float of 3.3% with 2.99 days to cover. Shares are down 20% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tiffany as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TIFFANY & CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TIFFANY & CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.73 versus $1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.20 versus $3.73).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 289.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$103.60 million to $196.18 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.44, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 64.66%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.26% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 966.35% to $437.34 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TIFFANY & CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 32.07%.
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.