- DRC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.2 million.
- DRC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DRC has a PE ratio of 8.
- DRC is mentioned 1.29 times per day on StockTwits.
- DRC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DRC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DRC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DRC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DRC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DRC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DRC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DRC: Dresser-Rand Group Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, sells, and services rotating equipment solutions to the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power generation, military, and other industries worldwide. DRC has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Dresser-Rand Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dresser-Rand Group has been 834,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dresser-Rand Group has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 8.3% with 7.55 days to cover. Shares are up 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dresser-Rand Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DRC's share price has jumped by 39.53%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- DRC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 26.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dresser-Rand Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.