- NVEE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 million.
- NVEE has traded 54,758 shares today.
- NVEE is trading at 8.50 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NVEE is trading at a new high 5.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVEE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVEE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVEE: NV5 Holdings, Inc. provides professional and technical engineering, and consulting solutions to public and private sector. NVEE has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NV5 Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for NV5 Holdings has been 48,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. NV5 has a market cap of $139.7 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 66.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NV5 Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NVEE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 69.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NVEE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NVEE has a quick ratio of 2.18, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NV5 HOLDINGS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- 38.84% is the gross profit margin for NV5 HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NVEE's net profit margin of 4.89% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full NV5 Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.