- NPTN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.6 million.
- NPTN has traded 136,560 shares today.
- NPTN is trading at 2.71 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NPTN is trading at a new high 3.12% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NPTN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NPTN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NPTN: NeoPhotonics Corporation designs and manufactures hybrid photonic integrated optoelectronic modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high-speed communications networks. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate NeoPhotonics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for NeoPhotonics has been 437,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. NeoPhotonics has a market cap of $242.8 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 4.2% with 1.29 days to cover. Shares are up 118.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NeoPhotonics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.35, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 36.18% is the gross profit margin for NEOPHOTONICS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, NPTN's net profit margin of 0.12% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, NEOPHOTONICS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full NeoPhotonics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.