- ISR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.5 million.
- ISR has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- ISR is trading at 7.26 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ISR is trading at a new high 13.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISR:
IsoRay, Inc develops, manufactures, and sells isotope-based medical products and devices for the treatment of cancer and other malignant diseases in the United States. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates IsoRay a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for IsoRay has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. IsoRay has a market cap of $101.0 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of -4.34 and a short float of 7.5% with 0.24 days to cover. Shares are up 26% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IsoRay as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for ISORAY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.98%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -85.08% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- ISR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 6.92% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$0.93 million to -$0.91 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ISORAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ISR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 19.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- You can view the full IsoRay Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.