- OZRK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.5 million.
- OZRK has traded 8,280 shares today.
- OZRK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OZRK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OZRK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OZRK: Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Bank of the Ozarks that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services. The company accepts various deposits products, such as checking, savings, money market, time deposit, and individual retirement accounts. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. OZRK has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Bank of the Ozarks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bank of the Ozarks has been 448,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of the Ozarks has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 8.3% with 10.76 days to cover. Shares are up 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bank of the Ozarks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OZRK's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 62.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has improved earnings per share by 38.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.51 versus $1.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.03 versus $1.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 57.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $25.28 million to $39.89 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 151.43% to $45.75 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.79%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 38.23% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 52.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Bank of the Ozarks Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.