- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.7 million.
- HIMX has traded 194,074 shares today.
- HIMX is down 3.1% today.
- HIMX was up 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIMX: Himax Technologies, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, provides display imaging processing technologies to consumer electronics worldwide. The company operates through Driver IC and Non-Driver Products segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 8.6%. HIMX has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Himax Technologies a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Himax Technologies has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Himax has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 21.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Himax Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.53, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMX, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC's earnings per share declined by 22.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.39 versus $0.35 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.7% in earnings ($0.32 versus $0.39).
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, HIMX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.17% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.