- NTAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $213.0 million.
- NTAP has traded 6.0 million shares today.
- NTAP is up 3% today.
- NTAP was down 10.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NTAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NTAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NTAP: NetApp, Inc. is engaged in design, manufacture, and marketing of networked storage solutions. The company provides storage and data management software, systems, and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. NTAP has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate NetApp a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for NetApp has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NetApp has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 3.2% with 1.50 days to cover. Shares are down 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NetApp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.44, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NTAP's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.25 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $396.60 million or 7.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NETAPP INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 48.14%.
- The gross profit margin for NETAPP INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.45%. Regardless of NTAP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NTAP's net profit margin of 8.76% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- NETAPP INC's earnings per share declined by 27.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NETAPP INC reported lower earnings of $1.75 versus $1.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.89 versus $1.75).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 33.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full NetApp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.