- EOX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.1 million.
- EOX has traded 397,632 shares today.
- EOX is trading at 40.91 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EOX is trading at a new high 19.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EOX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EOX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EOX: Emerald Oil, Inc. operates as an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company in the United States. The company designs, drills, and operates oil and natural gas wells. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Emerald Oil a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Emerald Oil has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emerald Oil has a market cap of $59.9 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 97.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Emerald Oil as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 5815.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.65 million to -$97.66 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.42, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, EMERALD OIL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 89.85%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 5100.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- EMERALD OIL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMERALD OIL INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.80 versus -$0.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.24 versus -$0.80).
- You can view the full Emerald Oil Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.