- DANG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.4 million.
- DANG has traded 273,950 shares today.
- DANG is trading at 4.20 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DANG is trading at a new high 4.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DANG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DANG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DANG: E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc. operates as a business-to-consumer e-commerce company in the People's Republic of China. It primarily sells books, periodicals, electronic publications, consumer electronics, and audio-visual products through its Website dangdang.com. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate E-Commerce China Dangdang a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for E-Commerce China Dangdang has been 907,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. E-Commerce China Dangdang has a market cap of $745.5 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates E-Commerce China Dangdang as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DANG has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 19.94% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The gross profit margin for E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR is rather low; currently it is at 17.67%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.30% is above that of the industry average.
- E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR turned its bottom line around by earning $0.17 versus -$0.30 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3.5% in earnings ($0.16 versus $0.17).
- DANG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.38 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full E-Commerce China Dangdang Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.