- SDRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $198.3 million.
- SDRL has traded 651,763 shares today.
- SDRL is down 4.4% today.
- SDRL was up 8.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SDRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SDRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SDRL: Seadrill Limited, an offshore drilling contractor, provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates through Floaters and Jack-up Rigs segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 28.7%. SDRL has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Seadrill a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seadrill has been 12.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seadrill has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 12.1% with 3.08 days to cover. Shares are up 7.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Seadrill as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEADRILL LTD's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- SDRL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.37 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, SDRL has a quick ratio of 0.68, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $287.00 million or 41.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.