- TMUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $141.1 million.
- TMUS has traded 2.5 million shares today.
- TMUS is trading at 4.71 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TMUS is trading at a new high 3.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMUS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TMUS: T-Mobile US, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides mobile communications services in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The company offers voice, messaging, and data services in the postpaid, prepaid, and wholesale markets. TMUS has a PE ratio of 86. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate T-Mobile US a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for T-Mobile US has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. T-Mobile US has a market cap of $27.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 6.2% with 3.78 days to cover. Shares are up 30.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates T-Mobile US as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- T-MOBILE US INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, T-MOBILE US INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.29 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.77 versus $0.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 58.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$151.00 million to -$63.00 million.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 65.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 47.62% is the gross profit margin for T-MOBILE US INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.80% is in-line with the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, T-MOBILE US INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full T-Mobile US Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.