- CYOU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.3 million.
- CYOU has traded 75,769 shares today.
- CYOU is trading at 3.87 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CYOU is trading at a new high 3.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYOU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYOU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CYOU: Changyou.com Limited develops and operates online games in the People's Republic of China. Currently there are no analysts that rate Changyou.com a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Changyou.com has been 169,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Changyou.com has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 22.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Changyou.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 347.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$19.50 million to $48.29 million.
- CHANGYOU.COM LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHANGYOU.COM LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$0.06 versus $5.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.01 versus -$0.06).
- You can view the full Changyou.com Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.