- BKCC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.3 million.
- BKCC has traded 202,778 shares today.
- BKCC is trading at 4.69 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BKCC is trading at a new low 3.05% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKCC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKCC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BKCC: BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation is Business Development Company specializing in investments in middle market companies. The fund invests in all industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 8.7%. BKCC has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates BlackRock Capital Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackRock Capital Investment has been 378,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackRock Capital Investment has a market cap of $720.8 million and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.48 days to cover. Shares are up 17.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackRock Capital Investment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, BLACKROCK CAPITAL INVT CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BLACKROCK CAPITAL INVT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 67.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 73.27% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BLACKROCK CAPITAL INVT CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKROCK CAPITAL INVT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.20 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 46.2% in earnings ($0.92 versus $1.70).
- You can view the full BlackRock Capital Investment Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.