- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.7 million.
- HIMX has traded 563,274 shares today.
- HIMX is trading at 2.20 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HIMX is trading at a new low 3.12% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.53, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMX, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC's earnings per share declined by 22.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.39 versus $0.35 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 12.8% in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.39).
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, HIMX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.32% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.