- EXPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $147.9 million.
- EXPE has traded 19,391 shares today.
- EXPE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXPE: Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Leisure and Egencia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. EXPE has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Expedia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Expedia has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Expedia has a market cap of $11.9 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 11% with 7.41 days to cover. Shares are up 21.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Expedia as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 409.09% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EXPE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- EXPEDIA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EXPEDIA INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.00 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.53 versus $3.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 408.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$14.30 million to $44.14 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, EXPEDIA INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Expedia Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.