- AEC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.3 million.
- AEC has traded 18,659 shares today.
- AEC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AEC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AEC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AEC: Associated Estates Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It specializes in owning and managing apartment communities in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. AEC has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Associated Estates Realty a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Associated Estates Realty has been 982,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Associated Estates has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.50 and a short float of 2.9% with 1.43 days to cover. Shares are up 23% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Associated Estates Realty as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AEC's share price has jumped by 65.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AEC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AEC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.49 versus $0.09 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 92.4% in earnings ($0.19 versus $2.49).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 98.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $42.27 million to $0.74 million.
- You can view the full Associated Estates Realty Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.