- LB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $147.5 million.
- LB is down 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LB: L Brands, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of women's intimate and other apparel, beauty and personal care products, and accessories. The company operates in three segments: Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, and Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. LB has a PE ratio of 25. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate L Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. The average volume for L Brands has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. L has a market cap of $26.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.22 days to cover. Shares are up 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates L Brands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, L BRANDS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 47.83% is the gross profit margin for L BRANDS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.88% is above that of the industry average.
- L BRANDS INC has improved earnings per share by 14.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, L BRANDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.49 versus $3.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.73 versus $3.49).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 15.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $490.00 million to $565.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full L Brands Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.