- ICPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $211.0 million.
- ICPT has traded 537,548 shares today.
- ICPT is up 3.2% today.
- ICPT was down 16.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ICPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ICPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ICPT: Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a development stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat chronic liver and intestinal diseases utilizing its proprietary bile acid chemistry. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Intercept Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Intercept Pharmaceuticals has been 611,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intercept has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -9.00 and a short float of 19.6% with 3.29 days to cover. Shares are up 68.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intercept Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTERCEPT PHARMA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTERCEPT PHARMA INC reported poor results of -$14.42 versus -$3.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$8.50 versus -$14.42).
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, INTERCEPT PHARMA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 84.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$246.03 million to -$39.39 million.
- ICPT's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 256.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Intercept Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.