- THC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72.6 million.
- THC has traded 267,852 shares today.
- THC is trading at 1.59 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- THC crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THC: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a healthcare services company, primarily operates acute care hospitals and related healthcare facilities in the United States. It operates through two segments, Hospital Operations and Other, and Conifer. THC has a PE ratio of 46. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenet Healthcare has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 8.8% with 5.28 days to cover. Shares are up 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TENET HEALTHCARE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.32 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $0.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 246.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$32.00 million to $47.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$57.00 million or 200.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 14.70 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, THC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.