- VSAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.2 million.
- VSAT has traded 93,240 shares today.
- VSAT is trading at 16.78 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VSAT is trading at a new low 5.21% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VSAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VSAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VSAT: ViaSat, Inc. provides high-speed fixed and mobile broadband services; advanced satellite and other wireless networks; and secure networking systems, products, and services worldwide. VSAT has a PE ratio of 103. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Viasat a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Viasat has been 172,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Viasat has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 13.6% with 19.74 days to cover. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Viasat as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has experienced relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VIASAT INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, VIASAT INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.21 versus -$0.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.66 versus -$0.21).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 347.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.99 million to $14.81 million.
- 45.73% is the gross profit margin for VIASAT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, VSAT's net profit margin of 4.44% significantly trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, VIASAT INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, VSAT has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- You can view the full Viasat Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.