- SAVE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.7 million.
- SAVE has traded 214,127 shares today.
- SAVE is trading at 3.85 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SAVE is trading at a new low 4.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAVE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAVE NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SAVE has a quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SPIRIT AIRLINES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SPIRIT AIRLINES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.06 versus $2.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.00 versus $3.06).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 85.16% to $167.84 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SPIRIT AIRLINES INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 99.76%.
- You can view the full Spirit Airlines Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.