- JBLU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $166.6 million.
- JBLU has traded 2.0 million shares today.
- JBLU is trading at 3.91 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- JBLU is trading at a new low 4.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JBLU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JBLU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JBLU: JetBlue Airways Corporation, a passenger carrier company, provides air transportation services. As of December 31, 2014, the company operated a fleet of 13 Airbus A321 aircrafts, 130 Airbus A320 aircrafts, and 60 EMBRAER 190 aircrafts. JBLU has a PE ratio of 14. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate JetBlue Airways a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for JetBlue Airways has been 7.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JetBlue Airways has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 15.6% with 4.94 days to cover. Shares are up 37.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JetBlue Airways as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 3900.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 144.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JBLU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.19 versus $0.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.19).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry. The net income increased by 3325.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.00 million to $137.00 million.
- 37.16% is the gross profit margin for JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.99% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full JetBlue Airways Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.