- EBIO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.8 million.
- EBIO has traded 226,654 shares today.
- EBIO is trading at 13.53 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EBIO is trading at a new low 7.10% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EBIO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EBIO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EBIO: Eleven Biotherapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery and development of protein therapeutics to treat eye diseases primarily in the United States. The company develops its therapeutics through AMP-Rx, a proprietary protein engineering platform. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Eleven Biotherapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Eleven Biotherapeutics has been 378,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Eleven has a market cap of $71.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 72.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eleven Biotherapeutics as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$7.22 million to -$6.52 million.
- EBIO, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 57.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- ELEVEN BIOTHERAPEUTICS INC has improved earnings per share by 23.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELEVEN BIOTHERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$2.13 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.85 versus -$2.13).
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ELEVEN BIOTHERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has risen over the past year at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth of the company. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Eleven Biotherapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.