- SNPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.8 million.
- SNPS has traded 3,475 shares today.
- SNPS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNPS: Synopsys, Inc. provides electronic design automation (EDA) software products used to design and test integrated circuits and electronic systems in the United States, Europe, Japan, and the rest of Asia Pacific. SNPS has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Synopsys a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Synopsys has been 635,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Synopsys has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.95 days to cover. Shares are up 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Synopsys as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SNPS's share price has jumped by 28.07%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SNPS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SYNOPSYS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNOPSYS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.64 versus $1.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.77 versus $1.64).
- SNPS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.89 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Synopsys Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.