- RGA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.5 million.
- RGA has traded 3,016 shares today.
- RGA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RGA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RGA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RGA: Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated engages in the reinsurance business. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. RGA has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Reinsurance Group of America a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Reinsurance Group of America has been 369,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Reinsurance Group of America has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 1.5% with 4.68 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Reinsurance Group of America as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, REINSURANCE GROUP AMER INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.43, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- You can view the full Reinsurance Group of America Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.