- NI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $128.0 million.
- NI has traded 43,020 shares today.
- NI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NI: NiSource Inc., an energy holding company, provides natural gas, electricity, and other products and services in the United States. It operates through three segments: Gas Distribution Operations, Columbia Pipeline Group Operations, and Electric Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. NI has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NiSource a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for NiSource has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NiSource has a market cap of $14.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.38 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.34 days to cover. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NiSource as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.37% to $604.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 33.52%.
- NISOURCE INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NISOURCE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.69 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.82 versus $1.69).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 0.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $266.20 million to $268.40 million.
- NI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- You can view the full NiSource Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.