- MSCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.2 million.
- MSCI has traded 817 shares today.
- MSCI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MSCI: MSCI Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides investment decision support tools worldwide. Its tools include indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and multi-asset class market risk analytics products and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. MSCI has a PE ratio of 36. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate MSCI a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for MSCI has been 602,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. MSCI has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 33.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MSCI as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MSCI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MSCI INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.55%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.67% is above that of the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 48.35% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MSCI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MSCI INC has improved earnings per share by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MSCI INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.70).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Financial Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $80.40 million to $43.83 million.
- You can view the full MSCI Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.