Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader in display and digital signage technology, today introduced the Planar® DirectLight™ LED Video Wall Calculator, a free, online tool that simplifies the video wall selection process by helping customers visualize and plan for their LED video wall installations even before they make their purchase. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150520005103/en/
"The new Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall Calculator helps us to quickly compare video walls and make recommendations to clients, saving us hours in design and analysis," said Alan Jackson, sales engineer for Pro Sound & Video. "Our clients love it because it allows them to see their video wall in advance of their purchase, and we love it because it expedites the design and sale process."A Robust Tool with Advanced Capabilities The Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall Calculator is a complete and advanced tool that enables customers to preview finished video wall installations while obtaining a comprehensive set of information that facilitates their purchasing decisions. Within minutes, users can:
- Configure a room. Using the Planar DirectLight Calculator, users can define the size of their room, choose one of several room environments and select their wall color.
- Create a graphical rendering of their video wall. Customers can choose a specific model and enter their desired display configuration, choosing from a variety of popular configurations like Full HD and 4K resolutions, or defining any other configuration. They can then save the rendering for inclusion in a project proposal.
- Configure custom content. Customers can upload their own image or video or select from a pre-set list of content options to preview what the video wall will look like.
- Compare models and configurations. Users can see a side-by-side comparison of specification data, allowing them to compare two models or compare video wall configurations.
- Determine the architectural impact of their video wall. The Planar DirectLight Calculator calculates the physical dimensions, weight and power consumption for the entire video wall system.
- Export their results. Users can generate a PDF summary of their LED video wall configurations complete with images and specification data.
Customers can access the Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall Calculator from a range of devices including PCs, smartphones and tablets—without any software installation. To use the tool, please visit http://DirectLightCalculator.planar.com or watch a video demonstration of the calculator on Planar's You Tube channel.About Planar Planar Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR) is a global leader in display and digital signage technology, providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar video walls, large format LCD displays, interactive touch screen monitors and many other solutions are used by the world's leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com.