- ALV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.6 million.
- ALV traded 48,982 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:59 AM, representing 10.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALV: Autoliv, Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and supplies automotive safety systems to the automotive industry worldwide. It operates through two segments, Passive Safety and Active Safety. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. ALV has a PE ratio of 31. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Autoliv a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Autoliv has been 440,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Autoliv has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 4.7% with 9.90 days to cover. Shares are up 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Autoliv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.51, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.40, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- AUTOLIV INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AUTOLIV INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.08 versus $5.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.43 versus $5.08).
- ALV, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for AUTOLIV INC is rather low; currently it is at 22.69%. Regardless of ALV's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.64% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Autoliv Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.