- MNTA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- MNTA traded 82,160 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:19 AM, representing 12.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MNTA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MNTA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MNTA: Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company, focuses on developing generic versions of complex drugs, biosimilars, and novel therapeutics for oncology and autoimmune diseases. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Momenta Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Momenta Pharmaceuticals has been 973,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Momenta has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.88 and a short float of 13.5% with 11.75 days to cover. Shares are up 67.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Momenta Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 20.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$27.36 million to -$21.88 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 20.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- MNTA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 86.13% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in MNTA do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Momenta Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.