- SYNA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.4 million.
- SYNA has traded 10,447 shares today.
- SYNA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYNA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYNA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYNA: Synaptics Incorporated develops, markets, and sells custom-designed human interface solutions for electronic devices and products primarily in China, South Korea, Taiwan, the United States, Japan, and other countries. SYNA has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Synaptics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Synaptics has been 707,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Synaptics has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.60 and a short float of 13.2% with 5.57 days to cover. Shares are up 31.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Synaptics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYNA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 133.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SYNA has a quick ratio of 1.76, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 173.21% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 51.12% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SYNA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 178.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$40.06 million to $31.48 million.
- SYNAPTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNAPTICS INC reported lower earnings of $1.25 versus $2.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.80 versus $1.25).
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.