- A has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.0 million.
- A is down 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in A with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for A NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on A: Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides bio-analytical solutions and services to the life sciences, diagnostics and genomics, chemical analysis, communications, and electronics industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. A has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Agilent Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Agilent Technologies has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Agilent has a market cap of $14.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 1% with 1.66 days to cover. Shares are up 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Agilent Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- A's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.95, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.82%. Regardless of A's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.01% trails the industry average.
- AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC reported lower earnings of $1.27 versus $2.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.70 versus $1.27).
- You can view the full Agilent Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.