- BIO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.5 million.
- BIO is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BIO has a PE ratio of 42.
- BIO is mentioned 1.10 times per day on StockTwits.
- BIO has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BIO is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BIO is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BIO is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BIO is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIO: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. manufactures and supplies products and systems used to separate complex chemical and biological materials, as well as to identify, analyze, and purify their components for life science research, healthcare, analytical chemistry, and other markets. BIO has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bio-Rad Laboratories a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Bio-Rad Laboratories has been 179,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bio-Rad has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 5.7% with 6.90 days to cover. Shares are up 19.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bio-Rad Laboratories as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BIO-RAD LABORATORIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BIO-RAD LABORATORIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.05 versus $2.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.45 versus $3.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry. The net income increased by 167.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.67 million to $17.82 million.
- BIO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for BIO-RAD LABORATORIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.95%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.76% trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Bio-Rad Laboratories Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.